We were looking at your web site and found that it is one of the most popular site of the recent times. We request you to add ** **** Official Blog on your site which would be a great help for readers. We always update our blog with the most relevant and interesting topics to read & discuss. Following are the details of our blog:
Blog URL: http://www.*******.com/blog
Blog Feed: http://www.*******.com/blog/feed/rss
Title: ********* ബ്ലോഗ്
Description: പുതിയ പ്രകാശാനങ്ങളും, വിശദാംശങ്ങളും, തങ്ങളുടെ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങളും സമകാലീന - സാമൂഹിക വിശകലനങ്ങളും വിമര്ശനങ്ങളുമായി ** ** ******
Dear folks at ****.
I understand that I am a victim of your low grade email spam. Because I know for a fact that My blog is not popular. But I shall still thank you for your feeble attempt at flattery.
You will notice that I have re-published email and my reply without your institution's name. Trust me that was not in fear of your lawyers, that was done in order to deny you the cheap popularity you would derive from this controversy.
I wish I could share the same praise towards your esteemed institution, but that would give your organisation my endorsement to continue what you have been doing.
Although ** ***** is holds an honourable position in promoting the Malayalam language and it's literature, I cannot endorse your institution today because of the following reasons:
- It has stifled several young writers and denied them their due exposure simply because YOU did not find their work worth publishing.
- YOU decide how many copies are printed and YOU fix the remuneration for those authors. There is no room for a third party audit of your print activities. Authors have to just trust your word. I have discouraged several of my friends who had the intention of approaching you for printing. And will continue to do so.
- Denial of choice is the most heinous crime a society can do to its consumers. And the society has made YOU into a Monopoly in the publishing industry. All Monopolies are bad and should not be endorsed by folks with any idea of what Monopolies can do to freedom of expression.
- I strongly oppose de-forestation to support print and publishing industries. Especially when we have digital alternatives. Don't give me the stupid exuse that every one in kerala does not have access to the internet to read online content, hence you have to do what you do. (Remember those arguments trans-Atlantic passenger liners recited about why Airlines were dangerous and meant only for the rich? You are now in the very same stage.)
- I do not think it is ethically right to re-publish books with renewed copyrights of books whose copyrights have legally expired. You are publishing the ശബ്ദതാരാവലി with copyright notice which is wrong and a misuse of copyrights.
- I do not believe in promoting an institution that has ceased to grow with the times, and continue to misuse its position in the society. The Malayalee community should not be told what to publish by a monopolistic publishing industry, that hasn't ventured beyond the 19th century.
Sorry, I cannot endorse your website.